Is there a secret handshake?
Ownership at Canyon River Ranch does have its benefits!
The Canyon River Ranch 509 Club was created exclusively for our owners.
The mission of the 509 Club is simple - To help you make the most of your time spent at Canyon River Ranch. Our staff and families have lived in Kittitas County for years. We have explored much of Central and Eastern Washington, and we're excited to share our experience with you and your families!
We are always amazed at the variety of activities that are available to see and do. Whether it's fishing a remote lake or desert creek, hiking through wildflowers, driving to a mountain top, or wine tasting in the lower valley, these activities are what enhance your Canyon River Ranch experience and keep you coming back for more!
The 509 Club features a diverse year round menu of fun, including outdoor outings, wine tasting, special chef recipes, guest lectures and presentations, even hunting for the elusive Morel mushroom. Most events will be free (for CRR owners), while some may still cost to attend. If you miss an event, no worries. We will send out a follow-up report so you can experience the activity on your own the next time you visit.
Future 509 outings are listed below in no particular order. As invites go out, we will identify our staff host or CRR owner leading the outing. Many of these events are so much fun we'll have several staff and family members tagging along. Stay tuned for a great program!
1. Mushroom Hunting Lecture
2. Morel Mushroom Hunt
3. Bass Fishing
4. Canyon For a Day Bike tour - May 19!
5. Local Hikes - Hike report
6. Desert Lakes Fishing Outing
7. Shed Antler hunt - May 2019!
1. Mountain biking and road biking - Local Trails and Roads
2. Sunday Drive and family picnic - Table Mountain/ Lion's Rock - Located in Northern Kittitas County near Ellensburg. Includes sight seeing and rock hounding.
3. Palouse Falls Family Drive
4. Boulder Cave hike
5. Mountain Creek fishing
6. High mountain lakes - Cooper, Leech, Menastash
7. Naches/ Tieton/ Rattlesnake walk and wade
8. Wine tasting
1. Chukar Hunt
2. Klickitat River steelhead
3. Geology of the canyon Lecture
4. Wade fishing the Yakima
5. Snake/ Grand Ronde steelhead
6. Clays tourney
7. Wine dinner - at the lodge
8. Brewer's dinner
9. Golf tourney - Selah
10. One fly tourney
11. Canyon Litter clean up
12. Grape harvest
13. College Football weekend - tailgate food
14. Canyon Wildlife tour and photos
1. Elk Feeding station
3. Cross Country skiing and snow shoeing
4. Columbia River steelhead
5. Field to fare - cooking demonstration - Pheasant
6. Wine Dinner at the lodge
7. CRR poker tournament
8. Cigar and whiskey
9. Field to fare - cooking demonstration - Elk
10. Kids and Kritters 4H Sporting Clays Shoot
11. Brewer's dinner
12. Pro football weekend - feature 1 game, serve food from each city
If you'd like to experience and learn about these special places, all you need to do is become an owner!
2. Your own private vineyard!
A drive down the Canyon Road on any given weekend in July or August will demonstrate the benefit of having access to your own private boat launch! Canyon River Ranch maintains an excellent launch and takeout point on the North end of the property. It is ideally located below an island, providing a current break to launch boats or pull in without fighting the heaviest currents!
The pool and hot tub are open year round 365 days per year. When the pool patio gets crowded on a weekend summer day, feel free to walk down and find a lounger under a tree on the sandy beach along our riverfront. You will find propane fire pits on the lodge patio, and traditional wood campfire pits along the riverfront with a great horseshoe pit area. This is a great place to make S'mores with the kids or share a glass of scotch and a cigar with old friends.
5. 10% discount on retail purchases at Red's Fly Shop.
Applies to retail fly fishing products only that are not already on sale.
These amenities seem simple, but are important and surprisingly difficult to find in your search for recreation property.